Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Hard Days Work...

Weeding an overgrown vegetable garden!
I do not know just how it happened...but my garden produced more weeds than vegetable plants! There has got to be a Biblical lesson here, I'm sure. I have been contemplating this as I have been working on the weeding process. I hope to publish the results of all this thinking soon....
sometime after Cuz'n Camp 2008, though!

Below are some pics...so you get the idea of what I worked on this morning...now this is HARD work...but the weed eater sure did help get it done a little faster!

BEFORE PICS...

The weeds are taller than the squash!
A few onions...amongst the weeds!
Can you find them below???

Can you find the green bean plants...among the weeds??

Weeds with some zucchini plants!
The marigolds are surviving...
but they did NOT keep the squash (stink) bugs away! Well, you get the picture!
I have more weeds in this garden than I can handle...
that's for sure!

AFTER PICS...

Now this is MORE like it...you can actually SEE the vegetable plants now!

As you can see the fence that a strong wind blew over
a couple of weeks ago...is still in the process of getting fixed.
(That's our neighbor's yard & car)
After evaluating this fence, Warren has decided to replace it completely.
It was put up with non treated landscaping timbers...
so all this needs to be replaced.
A BIG job...that will take some time to complete!

See the MANY bags of WEEDS!


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...isn't that nice! Hard work...put nice results!
Now...I'm going to rest...
and be sure I keep a better hoe on those weeds!

2 comments:

THE PEELS said...

Wow - that was a hard days work? How much do you charge to do that at my house? :)

kathylovemeyer said...

Meri, just give me a weedeater...and I will do it for nothing:):):) My weedeater helped me get the high weeds cut down quickly...NOW to KEEP the weeds out or at least in control!

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!