Monday, August 09, 2010

I'm "A Holding You"

I love it when God shows me one of His truths by way of a "picture story"! When He does this I have the truth deep in my heart and cannot forget it. It cannot be taken away from me!

We had the pleasure of going to the Balloon Festival Glow Show with granddaughters' Abbie & Savannah, and their parents. Darkness came upon us and it was time to walk back to our cars which were parked in a field. Without a care in the world two year old Savannah took my hand as we walked!

Yes, she was holding my hand but unaware to her I was "a holding" her hand: being sure to guide her every step so she would not stumble or fall...making sure she did not veer off into the street packed with moving cars...guiding her around holes in the ground and rocks that might cause her to trip...shielding her from those who might run into her...encouraging her to walk forward and not look back!
Yes, she was holding my hand, but I was "a holding" hers:) We made it safely to our destination!
The next day as I was thinking about our fun time with the gdaughters and how sweetly Savannah held my hand when the Lord spoke to my heart:

"Kathy, that's the same thing I do for you! As you walk through life holding My Hand, you can be assured that I'm "a holding" yours!"

How precious to me...God was once again confirming His Hand and Hold on my life! I can walk through each day knowing:
He is in control of my every step;
He is leading me down the path that pleases Him;
He is my Help when I veer off His Path to get back on it;
He is my Protector and Shield;
He is my Encourager & Hope.

Thank you, Lord, for this picture of Your Great Care and Love for me and each one of your followers in Christ.
"and a child shall lead them" Isaiah 11:6

No comments:

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!