Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Fun

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.

Eventhough they do not have blogs, I tag Theresa, Anna Marie & Warren:)!! You guys can send me an email and I will post it on my blog, hopefully!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper – interesting to watch how people open their presents!

2. Real or artificial tree? Always a real tree since forever it seems.

3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever we have a free weekend before Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually a day or two after Christmas. I am always ready to get things back in order and in place.

5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely! Eggnog ice cream is delicious too!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Can't remember, but I do remember getting one of the first Barbie dolls when they came out. I still have it! Since I remember this maybe it was my favorite!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, several of which are homemade. The nativity is one of the first decorations we put out at Christmas time.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My son in loves and son. I am beginning to think "gift cards" are great gifts!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Really, cannot remember getting a worst Christmas gift.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? In the past I have mailed them, but this year I emailed those who have email addresses and mailed a few to those who do not. Over the last 2 years, the Christmas cards we usually receive has dwindled.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? "It is a Wonderful Life" and," Home Alone"

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually start thinking about it a few months before Christmas and jot down a note when I think of a special gift to buy for a specific person. I usually start shopping in October/November online and in stores.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I have been known to do this.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade fudge, pecan pie, and any of my son in love's (KB) creations or daughter in love's (JM) Chinese cooking.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like both especially when they sparkle!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? When the kids were young we traveled to grantparents' houses in other states. When they got older we stayed at home. Now that we have grandchildren, we celebrate Christmas on whatever day we can get together - this could include traveling to their houses.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, only because Meri listed them all out for me! Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Rudolph.

20. What's on the tree top? A blinking star. The wisemen saw the star and followed it to Bethlehem. There they found Jesus Christ the Newborn King!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning, but I usually let the children (grandchildren now) open one present on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Merchants who are afraid to say "Merry Christmas!"

23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? No, most of my decorations are homemade.

24. What do/did you leave for Santa? Really did not do this tradition in our home.

25. What were any traditions you had growing up? Cannot seem to remember any, but have many with our own family and started some new ones with our grandchildren. Setting up the nativity, seeing Christmas lights, reading Luke 2, making gingerbread houses, acting out the Luke 2 in costume, making a birthday cake for Jesus and singing Happy Birthday to Jesus, are some I can remember now.

No comments:

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!