Thursday, September 24, 2009

AGING or GROWING OLDER...

Is not for the faint-hearted.

I just got back from an eye doctor's appt. I knew I was having some vision problems but thought it was because I needed a new eye glass perscription. Well, the facts are my eye glass perscription has not changed that much but I was not seeing well in my left eye. So I had further eye examination (which means I got my eyes dilated and had to wear those dark disposable shades after leaving the office).

The findings are I have the beginnings of macular degeneration and a very small cateract on my left eye with my right eye showing some yellowing of the lens (which is a beginning sign of a cateract :(:(:(

The doctor assured me that nothing needs to be done right now and that I need to have yearly eye exams to see how all is progressing. With my glasses I have 25/20 vision.

I knew that macular degeneration runs in our family (my mother has it) so I have been taking the vitamin Lutein for 4 years. My eye doctor told me to add a fish oil vitamin also.

I did order some new glasses...which I'm excited about...they are the frameless kind. I also am getting my first ever perscription sunglasses (using my old frames for these).

The problem with aging is you just can't stop it ...you just wear out in time!

"So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without His unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. but the things we can't see now will last forever." 2 Corinthians 4: 16-18 (The Message)

AMEN and AMEN!

No comments:

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!