Thursday, May 13, 2010

5th BB egg today...

That's right! I checked this afternoon to see if there were any more eggs laid by Mrs BB. As I approached the birdhouse, to my surprise, Mrs BB flew out and their were 5 BB eggs:) This is also the first time in several days that I have seen Mr and Mrs BB. They are staying closer by their birdhouse now. Mrs BB may be starting to incubate her eggs.

Couple of more BB facts:
*BB eggs will be incubated for 12 to 14 days, and the time from hatching to flying from the nest is just 19 days!

*The BB house can be opened to check the eggs or the young until they reach 13 days of age. From the 13th day after hatching onward leave them alone to keep them from prematurely leaving the nest.

I'm wondering if Mrs BB is finished laying her eggs. I'll check back tomorrow unless she is sitting on them. We will be gone for the weekend so they will have to get along without me! Ha, ha:)

This is such an amazing and learning experience to observe - the wonders of nature...of God's creation - unfolding! WOW!

(Check my email from yesterday to read more BB facts & see some BB egg pics)

No comments:

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!