Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Knight

Here is a poem our 12 yr. old grandson wrote. I asked him if this was a school assignment. He told me no it wasn't. It was just something he was thinking about one day and he wrote it.
Way to go, Parker!

My knight
Is not like your knight with shiny armor
He doesn't fight dragons for people to awe him
Or live in a castle with walls

Instead he fights to protect people
To protect his home and its people’s rights
He wears green and brown nothing shiny
My knight is an American soldier

By Parker Bledsoe


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parker sure has a mind of his own!

kathylovemeyer said...

And it's a GOOD one too:)

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!