Friday, November 02, 2007

Home Alone...and BORED!

(bor'dem) n. the condition of being bored or uninterested, tiresome, dull; ennui*
One more day and my hubby will be home. YEAH! (FLIP!) YEAH! He has been on a business trip for 6 days now. We have not been apart for this long of a time in quite awhile. The fact that he works from the home makes me miss him more! Now, don't get me wrong, I do not mind a few days of business travel, but a week is just tooooooo looooooong!

It has been good to have available all this time for myself to do some sewing, start projects, finish old projects, cleaning (did I say cleaning!), computer work, Bible Study, reading, cooking, exercising, etc., etc, etc!

BUT the fact is it seems:

  • when hubby is not here I am not motivated & just get bored!
  • I waste more time than getting anything done.
  • I have a list in my mind what I want & should do for each day but...
  • the day slips by too quickly & I have not accomplished much of anything!
  • I go to bed too late & need to take afternoon naps.
  • I have no reason to put on makeup or do my hair...
  • I have no reason to dress up for that matter!!
  • lunch time is here before I know it!
  • I snack or eat premade meals!
  • I have the "Scarlett O'Hara" syndrome (from Gone With the Wind) : "I'll think about that tomorrow!"
  • Does ANYONE relate???

    As you can see (in my bordem) I have redesigned this blog page, well actually, I just chose another template from the blog list! I am not that computer savvy!!! I also wanted to post the above pic sometime on this blog so now is as good of a time as any. I just think it is so funny!

    Well "tomorrow" is finally here for today I am on a mission! Hubby will be home tomorrow after lunch. YEAH! (FLIP!) YEAH! And I WILL get everything done for his arrival. I am motivated and will see it through!

    It's better to have a partner than go it alone. Share the work, share the wealth. And if one falls down, the other helps, but if there's no one to help, tough! Two in a bed warm each other. Alone, you shiver all night. By yourself you're unprotected. With a friend you can face the worst. Can you round up a third? A three-stranded rope isn't easily snapped. Ecclesiastes 4:9 (The Message)

    *I have learned a new word in my bordem: ennui (aun'wee, Fr) n. weariness and dissatisfaction resulting from inactivity or lack of interest; boredom. HELP me, Lord!

    2 comments:

    Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

    You are too funny. Sorry for your "misery". I do know what that is like. It's nice to know that you miss him so after having loved eachother for soo long. I hope J and I are the same way when we are older.

    THE PEELS said...

    Picture is funny, glad you shared. I tend to do the opposite when my husband is gone for awhile - turn into project mode. I am my grandmother's granddaughter...
    He'll come home to an entirely redecorated house. One weekend I literally tore out the bathroom sink, cabinetry, and toilet and replace them all before he got home (he was gone I think only one night). One other week I painted the living and dining rooms. When he's not here I feel like I need to make sure he knows I wasn't idle, but he's getting a little wary about coming home to a different house every time, so I'm slowing down.
    Glad Uncle Warren's back. :)

    Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

    "What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



    Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!