Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Tribute to my Daughters...

A daughter brings sunshine to brighten your day.
A daughter brings joy through her loving ways.
A daughter is a blessings that comes from above.
A special and beautiful treasure to love.

And God has given me two birth daughters to love and be loved by!

A Daughter
(author unknown)
A daughter is a wonderful blessing,
A treasure from above.
She's laughter, warmth and special charm,
She's thoughtfulness and love.
A daughter brings a special joy,
That comes from deep inside.
And as she grows to adulthood,
She fills your heart with pride.
With every year that passes,
She's more special than before.
Through every stage, through every age,
You love her even more.
No words can describe the warm memories,
The pride and gratitude, too.
That comes from having daughters,
To love and cherish... just like you two!

A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be a friend.

Mother to Daughter
(author unknown)
The day you were born you touched my soul,
You were the missing link that made my life whole.
Those beautiful blue eyes looking up at me in awe,
Gazing at the woman who you just learned was your mom.
As days turned to months and months turned to years,
I watched you grow as a child through laughter and tears.
Now that your grown venturing out on your own,
I look back and wonder where did all the years go.
The baby I once held, cared for, and watched over at night,
Has now become a strong woman, so beautiful and bright.
I'm proud to call you my daughter as you sit by my side,
who now takes care of her mother with arms open wide.

And God has given me a daughter-in-love to call my own!

Daughter-in-Love
(adapted by me)
As we watched our young son grow
Their was a question we yearned to know
Was who he’d have with him at his side
His companion in life until he died

In Father, God we put our hope
Of seeing our son tie the rope
He told us proudly he’d found the one
A beautiful girl and so much fun

And when we met her, such a delight
We were filled with joy at first sight
Our question finally laid to rest
Our son had ended his long quest

So now we thank the Lord above
For bringing us a new daughter to love
And blessing our son with a devoted wife
To walk with him the rest of his life
Author, William Manchee

I am indeed a blessed woman and mother!

No comments:

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!