Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Giving it a try...again!


Well, I think I am finally getting the "know how" to start this blog or maybe I should say the courage to! I started it a year ago but got no where! I finally found it on my computer and was even able to find my password to open the thing! I am trying again and we will just see how it goes.

I have been encouraged to do this simply by viewing and reading 3 of my nieces blogs (G, M, & S). They are quite the bloggers! And I have so enjoyed reading theirs and seeing their family pics and keeping in touch!

Thanks girls, you did not even know this, did you?!! I will take all the help I can get!

So here I go...

Last weekend we met Todd, Jenny, and Abbie in Kansas City, MO - the half way point between Skiatook, OK and Marion, IA. Not counting the video cam, we have not seen each other since July 4th. We had a GRAND weekend! Our granddaughter, Mallory Bledsoe, was able to make the trip with us. She could not wait to see all her cousins! Kelley and her 5 children also came up for the day.

We had a good ole cousin time at Carolyn's Country Cousin Pumpkin Patch! The weather was great and the cousins did a lot of running around out side, hayride, making ragdolls and buttons, mining for gold, pig racing, and big slides to name a few!

Thank you, Lord, for such a great, fun, memory making kind of day!

We had to say good bye to Kelley and her boys, but Riley and Kassidy got to stay with us (in the motel) and have some more bonding time with cousin's Mallory and Abbie. They swam in the pool, ate at the Train Resturant (where your food is brought to you on an electric miniture train - REALLY! - pretty cool place!), ran and played in the fountains, and just had some girl cousin fun together!

Well, I was going to post just a few of the 227 pics I took this weekend, but I am having problems doing it. So I will try again later. I want to see if I can publish this blog!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom!
That's great! Todd and I are just talking today that you are the most Techie person in the family!! Keep up! We love to see this!!

Love you, Jenny

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

I'm so excited you are blogging! I'll love keeping up with this too! That weekend sounds too fabulous to be true! I really wish I could have been there and had M. She would have had a ball! Ragdolls and buttons! That sounds so great! The train restaurant! wow! About the pics. I find that it's next to impossible to post more than 5 max at a time on blogger. If you need to post more then do a slide show. I'll tell you more about that or you can go on my site and click on it to make your own. You'll get it.

kathylovemeyer said...

Thanks, my 2 Jenny/Gini's for your encouraging words!

Gini (with a G), I will check this out on the pics. I do have a question on my profile display: How do I do it like your page where just a few words are displayed on your blog site and then you can click on it to read more! I have not figured this one out yet. I will take all HELP! I am having a blast with this!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, my darling, you are putting all of us in your age group to shame!! But, I love it. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous (in a good way!) Love you!

Anonymous said...

You are setting an example for me to follow, thank you. I'm going on four grands. What a blessing!! :)

THE PEELS said...

I'm adding your blog to my favorites! It's so fun to watch all my cousins' kids grow. Can't wait to add some of my own kids to the mix.

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!