Monday, October 29, 2007

Romance Verses Love

Joni Eareckson Tada has a way with words, such insight into scripture, and expresses it so practically. Could this be because of her total dependance upon the Lord. Her writings display "God's way of thinking" which I call wisdom from above.

Here is a devotional that was on Joni and Friends Daily Devotional this morning.

"This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another." 1 John 3:11
The romance has gone out of my marriage. Instead, there is love. Romance used to say, "I'll do absolutely anything for you," but love does a step further and says, "Yes, and I'll prove it."

Romance is fleeting, but love is long.
Romance is flying, but love is a safe landing.
Romance seeks perfection, but love forgives faults.
Romance anguishes as it waits for the phone to ring to bring a voice that says sweet things,
but love is the anguish of waiting for a call that assures you someone else is safe and happy.
Romance is suspense, anticipation and surprise,
but love is dependability.
Romance is dancing in the moonlight, gazing deep into desired eyes,
but love is saying, "Your're tired, honey, I'll get up this time."
Romance is delicious, but love nourishes.
-Anonymous

Loving another person like this is a surefire way to become more like Jesus. Move past the romance, the feeling of living on the edge, move past the delicious emotions, and nourish another person with real and lasting love.

Lord, I can see that this kind of love will wage unrelenting war against my selfcenteredness. Help me to lose myself in loving You and in loving others. May I move past romance and begin laying my life down...in love.

No comments:

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!