Monday, October 15, 2007

Neenee, I Need You!

As you have read in a previous post, last week I kept four of the Schubert grandchildren.
I want to share with you a story about my 3 yr. old grandson Bo. The last night he was here he had a rough night sleeping! At about 2:30 a.m. I was awakened by his loud cry:
"Neenee, I need you, Neenee, I need you"! Warren did not even hear him! Our bedroom is on the other side of the house from the 2 other bedrooms (the livingroom, kitchen, and laundry room are between them).
I heard Bo and quickly went to him; asking him what was the matter. Still in his bed sitting up, he told me that he was scared and that his legs hurt! So I laid down beside him reassuring him and rubbing his weary, little legs to help relax the muscles.

Awakened now, the Lord had my attention, so I prayed and meditated on this occurance in the night hours. What was the Lord wanting me to know/see? Here is what came to my mind:
In the darkest of night, the scariest of night, the most painful of night, Lord you are there!
When I cannot see around me what is going on that causes me fear and pain, Lord, You are there!
All I need to do is cry out to You: "Lord, I need You, Lord, I need You!" (Just like Bo cried out for me.) And in that instant, You, O Lord, are there to comfort my heart and soul with your grace and peace. (Just like when I heard Bo's cry for help and came immediately.)
And just like the Lord will do, He confirmed this meditation of my heart today in His Word. Psalm 18: 6 (The Message)
A hostile world! I call to GOD,
I cry to God to help me.
From His palace He hears my call;
My cry brings me right into His presence -- a private audience!
Remember today that
Jesus is your Advocate -- cry out to Him for help!
He is ALWAYS THERE READY to meet your NEEDS!

1 comment:

THE PEELS said...

A beautiful reminder, Aunt Kathy. And we should also remember that at times our creator calls out to us in the night, to which our ready reply should be, "Here am I, Lord."
Love you!!

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!