Tuesday, April 08, 2008

What Do You Do When...

the Storms Rage Around You?


Last night & throughout the night - Skiatook was hit with 3 continuous storms. We had winds of 70+ mph with hail measuring quarter, egg, and golf sizes! The strong winds were rotating but thankfully no tornados touched down.

I usually sleep through these storms, but last night the high winds and hail storm awakened me more than once! Warren and I finally got up at 3:00 a.m. - turned on the tv for weather updates - not much going back to sleep after that!

Yes, we prayed acknowledging God as our Refuge and Shield - a very present help in time of trouble. And yes, we asked Father, God to calm the raging storms - there were 3 of them in a row!

Finally the storms moved on out and about 5 a.m. we went back to bed for a few more hours of sleep. This is another reason to be thankful for retirement - I did not have to go anywhere and could get some good shut eye sleep!

These storms brought back a memory of when I was at home after school (about 4 o'clock in the afternoon) during a heavy rain storm in Shreveport, Louisiana. I was probably a young teen and my sisters and brothers were at home also. Mom was at work. I remember looking out the front picture window of our house - I had never in my life seen rain whipping around so hard like that! I mean, it was raining side ways NOT down! And I must say I was one scared kid!

The storms in Skiatook last night sounded and felt just like that memory! Unlike the Skiatook storms, the storm in my memory did produce a tornado in our neighborhood a few blocks away hitting a couple of houses.

I do not recall calling out to the Lord then, but Truth is the same: He is our Refuge and Shield - a very present Help in time of trouble - whether you know you are in trouble or not!

Our God is Good ALL the time,
ALL the time God is Good
!

And now check out my Garden Helpers!

Click to play Gardens Helpers

No comments:

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!