Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No More Wallpaper!

The last couple of days (except Sunday - took the day off on project work) I have been stripping off wallpaper and painting Kilz primer on the kitchen/breakfast area walls. It has gone well - the hardest part was stripping the wallpaper off way above the kitchen cabinets. See pic below.

The next step will be to paint the wood trim and chair rails. I will hold off faux painting the walls until after the granite countertops are installed on Monday 7th. I want to be sure I get the right color to match everything in there.
I have not been able to do any planting in the garden since we have had cool and rainy weather. I hope soon to at least plant the onions and cool weather seed crops soon.

In my younger years I would have had these projects done in lickity split time! Now, it seems, I tend to just take my time and work at a lot slower pace Ahhhhhhhhhhh retirement...I love it!

No comments:

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!