Saturday, March 29, 2008

Warren's Project...

Well, I did not get to plant my garden today - too cold and damp to get out and plant. So I thought I would share with you Warren's house project. Here is how it all began:
Back last spring or summer
(can't remember the date - but it has been awhile).
Kathy puts a frying pan with oil in it
on the stovetop and turns it on.
Phone rings - it's Jenny - we talk.
Jenny needs me to look something up
for her on the computer.
Kathy does and then FORGETS about the frying pan
with oil in it cooking on the stove!
Kathy is back in the computer room and begins
to smell something burning.
Keep in mind Kathy is still talking on the telephone!
Kathy walks in the kitchen and discovers what is burning.
YIKES! Grease in the frying pan!
Kathy is still talking on the telephone!
Jenny does not have a clue what is going on
at the other end of the telephone line!
Kathy immediately gets a pot holder and picks up
the very hot frying pan and puts in on a hot pad
(I do not know why I did not put it on another burner
on the stovetop, but I didn't).
Kathy thinks all is all right and finishes
her conversations with Jenny.
Kathy says good bye and checks the hot frying pan.
To Kathy's dismay the frying pan was SO HOT,
it melted the hot pad and also burned the counter.
ugh! BIG time UGH!!

As always, Warren was very understanding about this. We knew when we moved into this house 2+ years ago we wanted to put new countertops in the kitchen. This just forced us to do it a little sooner than planned.

Below are a few pics of Warren tearing out the old kitchen countertops. The new ones will be installed on April 7th. We (I should say he) has all week to get these torn out - he started on them yesterday! YEAH!! We will be without a sink and stove top until the new counters are installed. We have our microwave and other electric appliances to cook on. We will be using paper plates, cups, and plastic utensils until my NEW sink it put it! Then of course there is always the eating out option!



Stove top taken out for now.

So while Warren was busy doing his project, I decided to do something I have put off for quite some time. Pull off a piece of the wallpaper in my breakfast eating area and kitchen! I knew when I finally did this, that meant I was committed to taking down ALL the wall paper and then paint! I really had not wanted to do this until now.

SO here goes!




The wallpaper is coming off VERY easily! I pulled off the first layer, then score it and sprayed a mixture of fabric softener and hot water on it. It just peels right off! I should hopefully have it all off by Monday. Then I will paint the wood trim and paint a primer sealer on the walls. I have found out that if I paint the walls with a primer paint after there has been wallpaper on it, the new paint goes on so much better and no wallpaper glue comes through.

My plan is to have this all completed it two weeks. Then the next house project is to paint our formal dining room and decide what we want to do with this room. Right now it is a catch all, gkid play room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice!!!!!!!!!!

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!