Friday, February 22, 2008

A GOOD WORD...

This is taken from Joni Eareckson Tada's email daily devotional. It is so good! I want God's peace dancing in my heart! I love that expression!

Well, life is hard. For some, it is downright hard. Unhappiness seems to be here to stay. But it doesn't have to be this way, because the answer is not to get rid of unhappiness but to find a new definition for it.

Elisabeth Elliot has suggested that we redefine happiness as duty and honor, sacrifice and faithfulness, commitment and service. Happiness is fleeting and elusive, but joy is an overflow of the perseverance and hope that comes from demonstrating faithful sacrifice and committed service.

Lord of Joy, will You help me redefine happiness in my life? You promise joy in the midst of our suffering, so please let me know Your joy today as I persevere in faithful service and as I demonstrate true commitment in my tasks. Give me Your smile, let me feel Your peace dancing in my heart. That, for me, will be true joy.

No comments:

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!