Saturday, February 23, 2008

Old pictures...

I have been going through old pictures the last several days. Rather you realize it or not you're making memories every day of your life...and WOW! there has been a WHOLE LOT of LIFE going on in our families!

As I gaze over each picture, I find myself lingering and thinking and questioning:

Did I spend enough time enjoying the moment?

Life certainly has a way of slipping by before you even realize it! So this definitely challenges me to be sure to seize the moments...to linger a little while longer in those moments...and to make a difference in the lives of those in the moments.


So...off and on in my blog I will post some of my favorite old photo's. Hope you will enjoy them and linger a little while longer in the moments of life that God gives you.


Here is one...Do you know who this is?? Leave me a comment (family) if you think you know. I will post another pic tomorrow that will be sure to give it away!

4 comments:

THE PEELS said...

How could we not recognize that one? Were those the same bonnets we wore to the Casa Bonita when that waiter sang "Monkey, I mean Baby Face" to me? Do you remember that?

kathylovemeyer said...

I wish I could say I did remember it, but I do not. I imagine though, it is the same bonnet. I think that pic is so precious of you two girls. I have many pics of your family whenever yall would come and visit us. I have wondered if your mom's pics were destroyed in Katrina. If so I can pass what I have on to anyone who wants them. I have a few baby pics of you too.
Glad to hear from you. love, auntkathylove

THE PEELS said...

Yes, almost all of our photos were lost in Katrina. It was the worst of the losses for me. Mom & Dad's wedding album looked like cottage cheese - I am not exaggerating! So much mold. It was so sad to lose all of those photo memories...

kathylovemeyer said...

Well, I do not have many pics, but I do have a few of you kids and your mom and dad. Of course the quality of photograpy has so improved since then too. I will have to scan them on a DVD if you would like them.

Don't take yourself too seriously, take God seriously!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8



Proverb Punch: When things get tough, always remember...faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it!